Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fashion vs. Journalism?

So I am in my first TAM (Textile & Apparel Management) class this semester and so far I love it! The first few days were full of stuff that watching shows like The City and paying attention in Econ senior year taught me, but it was cool to see it applied to what I want to do.

Being in that class is so exciting. I feel the way I felt when I used to learn new things about journalism, but now that feeling for journalism is dwindling. I know I still have a lot to learn about the journalism industry, just as I still have a lot to learn about the fashion industry, but I used to get so excited to learn new things about the journalism industry and now I just don't.

As of now I am double majoring in Journalism and Mizzou's TAM program with a minor in business, but I could see that changing. I'm not sure. I think I should definitely get through my first  college journalism class before I rule anything out.

I know both industries can be hard to break into, but as of now I have more of a push for fashion. It's hard for me, I never really thought I'd even consider giving up on journalism. I've always wanted to do something with writing since Kindergarten! It's scary to even admit that I might be changing my mind.

At this point only time will tell.

Until next time, stay fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment