Monday, December 19, 2011

Jumping Right In

Hello and welcome! This is something I have wanted to do for a while now and with a long month of break just underway, I figured now was the best time.

This is starting out as my fashion blog, I plan on posting about anything and everything fashion related in my life. What jobs I'm applying for, what articles I'm writing and of course tons of pictures that inspire me.

When it comes to fashion I definitely don't play by the rules. I've got a plus size figure (which I do want to change, New Years Resolution...again?) and I like where what makes me feel good. If you were to ask anyone that knows me they'd tell you I like sweatpants and leggings more than anything else, but I am more fashionable than that...promise!

I'm not into flashy over the top pieces and I believe the price isn't what makes a piece fashion forward. I guess I just like what I like, I can't really explain it.

I am currently attending the University of Missouri and majoring in Journalism and Textile & Apparel Management. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with that yet, but I love the idea of being Editor-in-Cheif of my own fashion magazine. I kind of want to do it all.

Currently I write for an Arts and Entertainment magazine called SCULPT. The magazine is run out of St. Louis and Columbia Missouri and is just getting restarted (the first issue comes out Christmas day!).

I'll be posting anything that inspires me from models, to nails, to designers, and even my own Polyvore sets, just depends on what catches my eye.

See something you like, or disagree with something I post, let me know! I am always ready to hear constructive criticism. I'd rather mess up on my blog, than mess up when working for a designer during NYC's Fashion Week!

Anyway, I think I've covered everything, this blog is just my journey to "the top" or wherever I end up in the journalistic fashion world. Come along for the ride (:

No comments:

Post a Comment