Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Push I Needed

I got inspired yesterday.

I was having a late night dinner (okay it was like midnight) with two of my friends Aaron and Isabella and somehow we got on the subject of education and making our dreams come true. Aaron is one of the most driven people I have ever met. He might not have the greatest grades, but he taught himself every thing he knows about graphic design. He took the initiative and spent hours on YouTube and in magazines and websites perfecting his craft because it's what he loves and wants to do.

When he told me that I immediately said "I wash I was driven and independent enough to do that" and they both shared with me that passion and independence isn't something you're born with, if you want something you have to chase after it. They also told me something that I know not to many people would agree with: You don't have to wait for a college course to teach you how to do something, engulf yourself in it, experience is what counts.


When you think about it, it's kind of true. Like for example, I'd love to start a lookbook and do some sketches, just for fun, so the thing is, why don't I? What is stopping me? No one has to see my sketches, no one even has to know I am doing them (although of course I want to share).

My friends then continued to tell me that it didn't have to end there, I could take a sewing class at Jo-Ann fabrics and even work on looks at my job and eventually open an Etsy store online!

It all sounds like SO much right now, but it is exciting and I don't think I'll be as busy as I think this summer (we'll see).

It just feels good to take initiative of my life and start growing up a bit. After being home for three weeks and then dealing with my bull shit of a day yesterday I realized I have got A LOT of growing up to do. I guess I should make time for that this summer too haha.

But I feel like things are starting to look up, time to be a big girl.

I plan on buying a sketchbook (to start my lookbook) sometime next week. I'm supposed to be going to Kansas City tomorrow to see my best friend and all I really want to do is deal with everything, get my work schedule, move into my dorm for the summer and get ready to go see him. After this crazy week/weekend seeing my best friend is exactly what I need.

Have a good day/weekend guys and keep smiling (:

No comments:

Post a Comment