Thursday, May 31, 2012

Success!

So some of you may or may not remember my post about going natural, (if you're curious what I had to say, go here) recently I cut off all of my relaxed ends (well everything, but my bangs) and at first I was scared to no end, but once I realized there was no turning back and that it was just hair, I started to deal.


All my relaxed edges


Wet poodle fro right after my "BC"

So far it has actually been great! I love that when I workout my hair looks the same all over because it is one texture, I love that I can get my hair wet in the shower when I forget to crab my shower cap and it isn't a problem and I really love that I can officially put my hair in a ponytail!




Me and all my ponytail-ed goodness (:
(excuse my looking a hot mess)


I literally stood in awe for a good 5 minutes today when I put my hair up, I was so happy! Why you ask? For multiple reasons:
1. A ponytail/messy bun was my go to hairstyle in high school, it's nice to have that option back
2. My hair is healthy!
3. I actually stuck with it my natural hair journey for an entire year!
4. I don't have to braid it up every night now

I suppose I really wanted to post this in hoping it'd give someone who just BC-ed (big chopped) or some who is going through transitioning hope. Stick with it! It will be worth it, promise! I transitioned for  year and there were times I just wanted to straighten it, but I am so glad I stuck with it! I can't wait for it to grow more!

1 comment:

  1. Found you from tumblr! But I totally just big chopped too! Last weekend, it turned out so much better than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete