Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The September Issue

So it's about that time again, the time when the fashion magazine of all fashion magazines arrives on newsstands, weighs down your backpacks and practically breaks your mailboxes, but it's all worth it, right?

I suppose we'll have to read the issue to find out, but I am a little apprehensive about this issue, why? Well a few reasons, but the main one being the cover: Lady Gaga.



Don't get me wrong, I love the woman, she is fabulous and I love what she stands for, such a strong and inspring person, but fashion icon? I think not. She has definitely had her fair share of appearances on E!'s Fashion Police, not to mention she has appeared in MTV and VH1's worst dressed specials. So my question is, why is she on the cover?

I suppose I will have to read the issue to find out. However, I do know that one of the pictures of her inside is her sporting no clothes, but a very frilly Marc Jacobs hat...hmmm. Like I said I am apprehensive about the entire thing. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Another big surprise about the issue, it is 916 pages, yes you read that right nine hundred and sixteen pages! I'm assuming it's chalk full of exciting ads, it makes me wonder when they're going to stop making it bigger and really just focus on putting the absolute best trends and photos in the mag. I mean they can't really break 1,000 pages can they? That's crazy!

To say the least I am going nuts waiting for it's arrival in my school bookstore! I personally don't subscribe to Vogue, but I always make it a point to get The September Issue.

I know most people are getting ready for school, but if you've got any down time, and you've got  a Netflix subscription look up "The September Issue" you can watch it instantly and it really is a great look inside one of the worlds best and biggest fashion magazine and of course the coldest fashion queen, Anna Wintour. I enjoyed and still watch it from time to time, it is just so darn good!

Expect a full report on the issue when it does finally hit newsstands, until then:

Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment