Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eating Disorders (not a typical post)

So today I noticed a lot of the people I follow on Tumblr tagging "ed" in their posts. I'm familiar with it, I'm pretty sure I've already posted about my experiences with EDs, so I'll skip that story for now. Below is what I wrote to anyone and everyone willing to listen on Tumblr and I just wanted to make sure I did it on here too. Just in case by some off chance that someone comes across this post and it saves their lives. If you know someone that is suffering from an Eating Disorder or you're worried about how they're losing weight, calmly talk to them. As their friend or family member NOT a psychiatrist. Best of luck and I hope this helps someone out there.
_______________________________________________________________________
I literally want to cry.
It breaks my heart that so many girls feel like they aren’t good enough for society. That they don’t see their worth unless a boy is giving them attention or the scale is under 100 pounds. It’s crazy and it is so unhealthy.
You can say I don’t understand, but I do. My best friend was anorexic in junior high, I used cry and scream and beg her to stop, until eventually I just went to her mom. She hated me, but right before my junior year of high school, I got an unexpected call from her, thanking me.
It’s hard, I know it is. I’m not going to sit here and say I’ve never starved myself, or binged, or over exercised in hopes of being skinner, because I have. Therefore, I know, it’s not worth it. It just isn’t.
Please, PLEASE if you want to lose weight, do it the healthy way. Talk to your physician. Eat more than 1,000 calories a day, drink plenty of water. If you keep going down the path you’re on you could die. That can’t really be what you want. 
I truly believe all shapes and sizes are beautiful, I love myself the way I am, I really do. I love my sense of humor, I love that I’m high maintenance, I love my curves and I want to and will be healthy, but I’ll still have my curves and I’m never going to regret that.
It is possible to lose weight the healthy way, please consider changing your ways. All of you that tag ed are beautiful and you can overcome this if you try.
If you need anything, ever, please don’t hesitate to message me, or call one of the numbers below. You are not alone and you never will be. Promise.
Bulimia and Self Help Hotline (24 hours a day):
1-314-588-1683
National Association of Anoerexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
847-831-3438

No comments:

Post a Comment